What if I’m not ready to get divorced, or I have issues that cannot wait?

If you haven’t decided whether to file for divorce yet but need to have something dealt with in the meantime you can file an application under provincial laws for an order dealing with these issues. These issues may include parenting arrangements, financial support, or who gets to live in the home. Speak to court staff in your area about how to file this type of application or click here for information.

If your divorce is started, or is being started, but you can’t wait for it to be finalized to deal with certain issues, you can file a ‘Motion for Interim Relief’ that can look after short-term arrangements. It is always a good idea to speak with a lawyer if you are dealing with a divorce. Click here for information about legal support and advice options in Nova Scotia, including no- and low-cost services.

Was this page helpful?