Child Support Forms

What forms do I file for a child support application?


The following information is a guideline only for what documents you may need to file for your court application for child support. You should check with court staff for help, or get help from a lawyer to complete your documents.

Forms are posted in interactive PDF  format and Word  format, where available.

If you are using the interactive PDF forms, be sure to download and save them to your computer to access all the features, including instructions to guide you through what information is required from you. 

If you are also looking to address parenting arrangements, click here for those forms. If you are filing an application to address parenting arrangements and support for the same child or children, you generally only need to file one of each form. For example, you only need one Notice of Application and one Statement of Contact Information.

1. Notice of Application Form 59.07  Form 59.07  (if you are applying for a new order for child support).


Notice of Variation Application Form 59.12  Form 59.12  (if you are applying to vary (change) a previous final court order dealing with child support).

2. Statement of Contact Information and Circumstances Form FD1  Form FD1 

3. Statement of Income Form FD3  Form FD3  with attachments, if you are the person paying child support, or you are asking for special expenses for child support. Attachments include:

  • Your last 3 years of income tax returns and notices of assessment or re-assessment from the Canada Revenue Agency;

  • Documents showing your current year-to-date income (for example, your 2 most recent pay-stubs);

  • You may need other attachments, depending on your situation - check with court staff for more information.

4. Statement of Special or Extraordinary Expenses  Form FD4  Form FD4  if you are asking for contributions toward special expenses for child support, including receipts for the expenses for which you are requesting a contribution. 

5. Affidavit Form 39.08  if you are applying to change a previous order. For information on what your affidavit should look like, click here.

6. Personal Representation Form  Form  if you do not have a lawyer.

NOTE:  you may require additional documents, depending on your situation. In particular, in some situations, your current partner or spouse may also have to file financial documents and other information. Check with court staff for more information.

Where do I file my application for child support?


Where you have to file your court application may depend on where you, the other party, and perhaps the children, live.  You will be applying to the Supreme Court (Family Division).

Please see below for locations and contact information for the Supreme Court (Family Division) in Nova Scotia. Click here for more information about the Courts of Nova Scotia.

16 Church Street, 3rd floor
Amherst, NS, B4H 3A6
Phone: (902) 667-2256

Fax: (902) 667-1108

11 James Street
Antigonish, NS, B2G 1R6
Phone: (902) 863-3676

Fax: (902) 863-7479

Family Division Office
Phone: (902) 863-7312

Fax: (902) 863-7479

141 High Street
Bridgewater, NS, B4V 1W2
Phone: (902) 543-4679

Fax: (902) 543-0678

119 Queen Street
P.O. Box 1089
Digby, NS, B0V 1A0
Phone: (902) 245-4567

Fax: (902) 245-6722

3380 Devonshire Avenue
Halifax, NS, B3K 5R5
Phone: (902) 424-3990

Fax: (902) 424-0562

87 Cornwallis Street
Kentville, NS,  B4N 2E5
Phone: (902) 679-6070

Fax: (902) 679-6178

also serving New Glasgow
PO Box 1750, 69 Water Street
Pictou,  NS, B0K 1H0
Phone: (902) 485-7350

Fax: (902) 485-8934

15 Kennedy Street, Suite 201
Port Hawkesbury, NS, B9A 2Y1
Phone: (902) 625-4218

Family Division: (902) 625-2665
Fax: (902) 625-4084

136 Charlotte Street
Sydney, NS, B1P 1C3
Phone: (902) 563-3550

Family Division: (902) 563-2200
Fax: (902) 563-2224

540 Prince Street
Truro, NS, B2N 1G1
Phone: (902)
Fax: (902) 896-4333

Please note that divorce documents must be filed with the Supreme Court at 1 Church Street, Truro, NS, B2N 3Z5.

164 Main Street
Yarmouth, NS, B5A 1C2
Phone: (902) 742-0500

Fax: (902) 742-0678

Family Division Office
Phone: (902) 742-0550

Fax: (902) 742-0678

How do I use the interactive online forms?

These forms have information bubbles that will guide you through the forms and tell you what information is required from you. To view these bubbles, make sure you download and save the form to your computer or USB stick.  Once downloaded, hover your computer mouse over any coloured lines or check-boxes and the information applicable to that line or check-box should pop-up in a small square. These squares will not appear on your printed forms.

When you’ve completed your forms, print them off on plain, white, letter-sized (8.5” x 11”) paper. Do not double-side the pages. You must bring the printed copies of your forms into the appropriate court for filing – you cannot submit your forms online.

You will usually need to file several copies of each of your forms. Check with court staff as to how many copies they require you to file. If you photocopy your forms at the court, there may be a fee for this. Do not double-side your photocopies.

Was this page helpful?