Contact Us

Indicates required field

This website offers general information and resources about family law in Nova Scotia. This website will not provide you with advice relating to your family law issue. If you have specific questions about how the courts work, court rules, and court procedures that are not answered on this site, you can speak with a court staff member at the court nearest you, or get advice from a family law lawyer about your situation.

If you have a question about this website, need help finding something on the website, or have a general family law question, you can:

We hope you find the information on this site helpful. If you plan to complete your own forms and/or represent yourself, we encourage you to get legal advice to be sure you are doing it properly. Nova Scotia Legal Aid Summary Advice Counsel can help get you started. To make an appointment with a Summary Advice lawyer near you, please contact:

Annapolis 902-742-0500 Pictou 902-485-7350
Antigonish 902-863-7312 Port Hawkesbury 902-625-2665
Amherst 902-667-2256 Shubenacadie 902-893-4272
Bridgewater 902-543-4679 Sydney 902-563-2085
Halifax 902-424-5616 Truro 902-893-4272
Kentville 902-679-6075 Windsor 902-679-6075
    Yarmouth 902-742-0500

You may also be able to get a lawyer through Nova Scotia Legal Aid, if you qualify for this service. Contact your local Legal Aid office for more information, at:

Annapolis (902) 532-2311 Kentville (902) 679-6110
Antigonish (902) 863-3350 New Glasgow (902) 755-7020
Amherst (902) 667-7544 Port Hawkesbury (902) 625-4047
Bridgewater (902) 543-4658 Sydney (902) 563-2295
Dartmouth (adult criminal) (902) 420-8815 Truro (902) 893-5920
Dartmouth (family law) (902) 420-7921 Windsor (902) 798-8397
Halifax (adult criminal) (902) 420-6583 Yarmouth (902) 742-7827
Halifax (family law) (902) 420-3450