Where to Apply to Court

Parenting issues usually have to be dealt with in the court nearest to where the children are living. These issues are dealt with in the Supreme Court (Family Division), with locations throughout Nova Scotia.

If the children do not live in Nova Scotia, you will probably have to contact the court where they are living to find out how to make an application there.

If you are addressing parenting arrangements as part of an ongoing (not yet final) divorce proceeding, you will deal with this issue wherever the divorce was filed. Once the divorce is finalized, and you apply to change your order for parenting arrangements, you will likely have to make that application wherever the children are living at that time.

Click here for locations and contact information for the Supreme Court (Family Division) sites in Nova Scotia.

Click here for more information about the Courts of Nova Scotia.

Was this page helpful?