When the Other Person Lives Outside of Nova Scotia (ISO Process)

When the other person lives outside of Nova Scotia and you would like to establish or change support (child or spousal support), there may be a cross-border process available to you. This process is forms-based and may be referred to as the interjurisdictional support order (ISO) process. There are two laws that deal with this process: Nova Scotia’s provincial Interjurisdictional Support Orders Act or “NS ISO” and the federal Divorce Act or “Divorce Act ISO”.

Was this page helpful?