Where you can use this Guide

You can use this guide to make a variation application in all Supreme Court (Family Division) locations in Nova Scotia.

The forms you will need depend on which issues you are dealing with. You will find forms checklists later on in this guide.

Note: if you have an ongoing divorce matter – one that is not yet final – you will likely deal with all of these issues as part of your divorce, in the place where the petition for divorce is filed. If you need to deal with an issue that can’t wait for your divorce to be finalized, you may be able to file an interim motion to have that issue dealt with ‘in the meantime.’

Was this page helpful?