Petitions for Divorce, Step 1 - Supreme Court (General Division)

Printer-friendly version

To file a Petition for Divorce in Amherst, Antigonish, Bridgewater, Digby/Annapolis, Kentville, Pictou, Truro or Yarmouth, you will start with these documents:

  • Petition for Divorce Form 62.09 
  • Statement of contact information & circumstances
    • check with your court for their equivalent form – the court may allow the use of Form FD1 
  • Personal Representation Form
    • this form is required from any party who is not represented by a lawyer
  • Long form marriage certificate