What you need to file

Printer-friendly version

If you are using Google Chrome or Firefox as your browser, you may have trouble opening the PDF forms. Use Internet Explorer instead, or click here for help.

If you are applying to register a corollary order made under the Divorce Act, you will need to file:

  •     A letter to the court requesting that your divorce order be registered under section 20(3) of the Divorce Act
    •     For a sample letter that you can use, click here (Word) or here (fillable PDF)
    •     If you do not use this letter, you may also have to file a completed Statement of Contact Information and Circumstances in Form FD1 , because the court will need an address for you and for the other person
  •     At least one (preferably three) certified copy/ies of the order being registered
    •     If your Order is in a language other than English, you will also have to provide a certified translation of the Order. You will have to contact a certified translator, and there may be a fee for this service. This is not a service that the court will provide.
  •     Completed Personal Representation Form if you do not have a lawyer at this time

Please tell us about your experience using this kit and the NS Family Law website by completing our short survey.