Glossary beginning with N
- Net income
The amount of money you earn after taxes and other deductions are taken out. Net income is often referred to as 'take home pay.'
- Non-custodial parent
The parent who does not live with or have custody of the children.
- Notary Public
A Notary Public, or 'notary,' can complete a variety of legal processes and documents, including administering oaths. Only people with the designation of Notary Public can be notaries. The following people are Notaries Public in Nova Scotia:
- Lawyers who have applied, and been approved, to be Notaries Public
- Sitting MLAs
- Commissioned Canadian Armed Forces officers
- Chief officers of municipal police departments
- Commissioned RCMP officers on active service
- RCMP head of detachment officers, who are on active service in the province