Applications for Divorce by Written Agreement - Supreme Court (Family Division)

Printer-friendly version

To file an Application for Divorce by Written Agreement in Halifax, Sydney or Port Hawkesbury, you will need these documents:

  • Application for Divorce by Written Agreement Form 59.45 
  • Affidavit supporting an uncontested divorce Form FD12 
    • this document must be sworn/affirmed by both parties with a copy of the agreement attached as an exhibit, if applicable 
  • Statement of contact information & circumstances Form FD1 
  • Personal Representation Forms for the applicant and the respondent
    • this form is required from any party who is not represented by a lawyer
    • or Personal Representation Form for the applicant (required if self-represented) and a written statement of designated address and consent from the respondent
  • Divorce Order Form FDO2 
  • Corollary Relief Order Form FDO3 
  • Long Form Marriage Certificate
  • Financial and other disclosure as required
  • Waiver of financial statements, if applicable
    • check with your court for their equivalent form – the court may allow the use of Form FD11 
    • this document can only be filed if there are no children of the marriage
  • Stamped, self-addressed envelopes (2 for each person)